Tuesday, March 6, 2007

February Power Rankings

This is my first attempt at this, so give me some time. Stats taken into consideration include wins, losses, OTL, goals for, goals against. Basically what I did was took the points earned and the goal differential into consideration. Big goal game from Chicago helped bump them up, though, in all likelihood, we all know they aren't the 8th best team in the league. The number in (x) is their current league standing.

1. Sioux Falls Stampede (6)
2. Omaha Lancers (1)
3. Sioux City Musketeers (3)
4. Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (4)
5. Waterloo Black Hawks (2)
6. Des Moines Buccaneers (8)
7. Lincoln Stars (5)
8. Chicago Steel (12)
9. Indiana Ice (9)
10. Tri-City Storm (7)
11. Green Bay Gamblers (10)
12. Ohio Jr. Blue Jackets (11)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Ryan, I like these.

WahooLancer said...

The only problem I have with the proposed power rankings is that it does not take into account the quality of opposition that a team is playing. Obviously, as proposed, if a team played Ohio and Chicago a bunch of times in a month, and beat the snot out of these teams, they would do well under the power rankings. Whereas, a team that would play Omaha, Sioux City, Waterloo, and may barely win or go to OT would not be rewarded accordingly.

Additionally, the USHL is "supposedly" a developmental league. I would hope that teams would play their 3rd and 4th lines and 5th and 6th defenseman alot in games where they get up 4 or 5 goals and have a game in hand, rather than run up scores on weaker teams in the league.

Interesting topic none the less, and way more work than I would put into myself. Nice work.

Just my thoughts.

Tom

Ryan said...

Tom, this was just my first attempt. In the future, I can see putting SOS into play.