Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Couple Things

Q & A with Travis Morin.

HF: Why did you not turn pro last year and go back for your senior year?
TM: Actually Washington thought it would be better for me to go back and spend another year in Mankato. That’s what they wanted and I was all for it. Looking back on it I’m happy I did go back, finish my senior year there with my classmates. We had a pretty good season up there and I wouldn’t have changed it for anything.
Mecker playing best hockey of career after move to OHL.

"I wanted to be a hockey player and not a student and this is a great hockey organization to play for. It's 100 percent hockey and you don't have to worry about anything else. You just can focus on getting better and improve my game and that's what I've been able to do here," Meckler explained. "I'm very happy with my decision. I've had a great time here and I'm just loving every minute of it."
Trevor Lewis (Des Moines) has signed an ATO with the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL.

Des Moines raised $19,200 for MDA.

Scott Kozlak (Des Moines/Chicago) has committed to Air Force Academy for next fall.

No comments: