Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Nothing New

I don't have much to write about, but hockeysfuture has some more NCAA prospects updates.

Buffalo Sabres include: Chris Butler (Sioux City), Tim Kennedy (Sioux City), Nathan Gerbe (River City), and Thomas Morrow (Des Moines).

Carolina Hurricanes include: Kyle Lawson (Tri-City).

Los Angeles Kings include: Scott Parse (Tri-City), Marty Guerin (Des Moines/Omaha), Josh Meyers (Sioux City), and Jeff Zatkoff (Sioux City).

Philadelphia Flyers include: Matt Clackson (Chicago), Andreas Nodl (Sioux Falls), Chris Zarb (Tri-City).

San Jose Sharks include: Jay Barriball (Sioux Falls), Christian Jensen (Waterloo/Chicago), Tony Lucia (Omaha), Alex Stalock (Cedar Rapids), John McCarthy (Des Moines).

Columbus Blue Jackets include: Matt Greer (Des Moines).

Atlanta Thrashers include: Mike Vannelli (Sioux Falls)

Chicago Blackhawks include: Joe Charlebois (Sioux City), Joe Fallon (Cedar Rapids), Matt Ford (Sioux Falls), Chris Porter (Lincoln), Michael Grenzy (Chicago).

New York Rangers include: Greg Beller (Green Bay).

USHL.com features Canisius College.

St. Cloud Times article on Lincoln futures pick Jared Festler.

An article on former Steel player Troy Mattila.

"The Islanders still have the rights to me until I make a decision to turn pro," Mattila said Monday at Nelson Center. "I went to their prospects camp on Long Island during the summer, but I haven't been in touch with them since.

"A coach at the camp said they had a spot for me in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, but I would have lost my college eligibility, and my goal is to play college hockey."


If anyone is interested, I have a USHL playlist on my youtube. It contains 71 videos of former USHLers.

Lastly, this isn't too USHL related, but if you're near an AHL team, be sure to register on this site for free tickets to the game of your choice.

No comments: